Country Capital of the month - Syria = Damascus
Bob Dylan Lyric of the month -
"Might like to wear cotton, might like to wear silk,
Might like to drink whiskey, might like to drink milk,
You might like to eat caviar, you might like to eat bread,
You may be sleeping on the floor, sleeping in a king-sized bed
But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You're gonna have to serve somebody,
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody."
Clinton Scandal of the month - RECORDS SET
- The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad
* According to our best information, 40 government officials were indicted or convicted in the wake of Watergate. A reader computes that there was a total of 31 Reagan era convictions, including 14 because of Iran-Contra and 16 in the Department of Housing & Urban Development scandal. 47 individuals and businesses associated with the Clinton machine were convicted of or pleaded guilty to crimes with 33 of these occurring during the Clinton administration itself. There were in addition 61 indictments or misdemeanor charges. 14 persons were imprisoned. A key difference between the Clinton story and earlier ones was the number of criminals with whom he was associated before entering the White House.
Book of the month - The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?endeca=1&ean=9781567311631
Movie of the month - "Jay & Silent Bob, Strike Back" click link for info. http://us.imdb.com/Title?0261392
Dunce(s) of the month - Baghdad Bob -
"I repeat, there is no U.S. presence in Baghdad."
Man of the month - General Tommy R. Franks Commander, Joint Chiefs, U.S. Central Command http://www.usembassy.uz/centcom/frankbio.htm
Woman of the month - Joni Mitchell (for "River")